EACVI Extramural Teaching Course - Transesophageal Echocardiography
Albert Varga, MD, PhD- Chairman of the Imaging Section of the Hungarian Society of Cardiology
Barna Babik, Board Member, Hungarian Society of Anesthesiology and Intensive Therapy
Objective of the course:
To demonstrate and discuss the role of TEE in different pathologies, especially in some fields under rapid evolution, such as catheter based interventions.
1. Basic aspects: anatomy and imaging, protocols, indications and pitfalls
- Anatomy and imaging
- Protocols, risks, pitfalls, artifacts
2. Mitral valve pathology
- Diagnosis, role of 3D
- Intraoperative TEE, role of 3D.
- Mitral stenosis and intervention
- TEE imaging in percutaneous mitral valve repair
3. Aorta and aortic valve
- TEE in aortic diseases (dissection, aneurism)
- Aortic stenosis. Patient selection for TAVI
- TEE before, during and after TAVI
4. Congenital heart disease
- The role of TEE in GUC
- Atrial septum, PFO and ASD, intervention
- TEE versus MR in congenital heart disease
5. Prosthetic valves
- Normal and dysfunctional prosthetic valves,
- Infective endocarditis
6. Atrial fibrillation
- The role of echo in patients with AF.
- Left atrial appendage closure.
7. Ischemic heart disease
- Intraoperative monitoring of LV function
- Mechanical complications of acute myocardial infarction.
- TEE In the intensive care unit,
- In the operating room
9. Case presentations and discussions
Albert Varga, MD, PhD
University of Szeged, Albert Szent-Györgyi Health Center,
Second Department of Medicine and Cardiology Centre
H-6720 Szeged, 6 Semmelweis str.
General information, registration:
H-6720 Szeged, 12 Dugonics sq.
Phone: +36 62 710 500, +36 20 469 6190